Indistinct chlorhexidine (circled) is easily mistaken for colourless solutions. There’s no need for these indistinct solutions and safer distinct versions and those enclosed in swab sticks are already in use in many hospitals without problem and at no extra cost.
Watch ‘Gina’s Story’ to see how arterial injection resulted in leg amputation at the waist.
Read ‘Mary McLinton’s Story’ – she had chlorhexidine injected into the blood supply to her brain. She died two weeks later in agony, at one point begging a nurse to kill her.
“No one took action to change the process before this tragedy occurred.”
We’re trying but need your help. Please sign the petition here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Unfortunately the only thing stopping us banning indistinct pourable chlorhexidine is us and the deficient health care safety systems we’ve created.